Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another Jane Austen Poem


I Love You Jane Austen

I love you, again, Jane Austen
its true
I just can't seem to get my mind off of you.
I know that if you were alive today we would be friends
but sometimes I think this unhealthy obsession needs to end.
But I don't care what others may say,
I'll continue to read your books everyday.
I want to be Emma, I want to be Anne,
I want to be Elizabeth, I am such a huge fan!
Your words are inspiring,
your characters are true.
Your novels are enlightening,
You're just super duper cool.
I'm jealous of your genius,
and I can only aspire to be,
half as good a writer
I can only wish, hopefully.
I'm pissed that you died,
because you were just getting started,
the best was yet to come,
but then you departed.
Your memory will live on
until the world ends,
your words will inspire
because they just do, and they can!
Jane, Jane, Jane,
these words are not enough to express
how unhealthily lovely I find you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment